We’ve resurrected a couple of out-of-print titles for the current Bundle of Holding. These aren’t Dancing Lights Press books. They’re from our predecessor company, Asparagus Jumpsuit, a third-party publisher that created material for properties like the Pathfinder Role Playing Game and Fate. As such, they’re going back into the vault at the end of the year, and likely won’t see the light of day again after that.
We’ve Resurrected Out-of-Print Titles Because…
Even though we’re not a third party publisher, there’s no irony in bringing back those titles. The charity involved in this bundle is the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Among other things, the EFF has fought for the rights of creators to reuse, remix, and reimagine existing creative works. The titles we’ve included in this bundle not only utilize other peoples’ game mechanics (albeit under license), but are a riff on classic Star Trek and the best Christmas movie ever, Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.
Without the EFF, the right to legally adapt and modify existing works in the creation of new material might not exist as we know it. In the absence of those rights, there would have been no Asparagus Jumpsuit. With no Asparagus Jumpsuit, we would have no Dancing Lights Press. So we happily participate in this bundle as a way of paying it back to the EFF, and paying it forward to future creators.
Bundle of Fate 4 Press Release
Adventurer! This Bundle of Fate 4 is our all-new fourth collection of tabletop roleplaying games that use the popular Fate rules system. Like the three previous installments (in September 2013, November 2014, and November 2015), this wide-ranging offer — with games of classic and modern fantasy, space opera, alternate history, and monster-bashing — is a low-priced, high-quality way to meet your Fate.
The Starter Collection
For just US$8.95 you get all nine titles in our Starter Collection (retail value $45.50) as DRM-free .PDF ebooks:
- Bulldogs! Fate Core edition (Galileo Games, retail price $10). The newest version of the rustbucket space opera about troublemaking across the galaxy. Includes the supplement Red Star (retail $5) and the Bulldogs-inspired Fiasco playset No References Required.
- The Small Folk (retail $12): Phil Masters (the Discworld RPG) writes about the magical beings who live in the walls of your house.
- Leaves of Chiaroscuro (Bennett-Burks Design, retail $10): Megan Bennett-Burks’ fantastic alternate Renaissance of wonder and Machiavellian intrigue.
- Two Fate Accelerated RPGs from Berin Kinsman at Dancing Lights Press! Starship Tyche(retail $8.50), for boldly going into the final frontier; and Santa Claus Conquers the Martians(Pay What You Want), because — well, we don’t have a good reason. But hey: Santa Claus!
- Oh, and like the three previous Bundles of Fate, this one includes the Fate Core and Fate Accelerated rulebooks from Evil Hat Productions.
The Bonus Collection
Pay more than the threshold price of $19.51, you’ll level up and also get our entire Bonus Collection. That’s six more titles worth an additional $56:
- Kaiju Incorporated: The RPG (Evil Hat Productions, retail $10). You’ve got a monster job to do in Rob Wieland’s mayhem-filled game of giant creatures and equally destructive HR policies.
- The Fate Adversary Toolkit (Evil Hat, retail $8): The indispensable guide to villains and obstacles for any Fate game.
- Heart of the Fury (Galileo Games, retail $10): A galaxy-size Bulldogs! campaign by Gareth Ryder-Hanrahan (Darkening of Mirkwood, Eyes of the Stone Thief).
- Elysium Flare (VSCA, retail $13): Another take on Fate-based space opera by Brad Murray, co-designer of Diaspora.
- Shadowcraft: The Glamour War (Reroll Productions, retail $10): Magical superspy espionage in the lands of Faerie. Includes the Shadowcraft Mission Folio (retail $5) that generates unique new missions.
Learn more about our offers at our official blog, Beyond the Bundle.
The Good Fight
Ten percent of your payment (after payment gateway fees) will be donated. This offer’s designated charity is the Electronic Frontier Foundation.