This is the weekly Dancing Lights Press Newsletter for 17 February 2019. This will be published every Sunday around 1pm EST. It will be simultaneously sent to subscribers and posted on the website.
New This Week
Lighthouse System Core Book is finally out! A simple, universal roleplaying system driven by collaborative storytelling and character development. If you’re read the previous edition, this is all new. About the only thing that’s stayed the same is the core mechanic. It’s a lot more streamlined for faster play and a tighter focus on your own creativity.
On the Blog
In the coming week there will be more game design posts. We’ll also begin talking about the Lighthouse System playsets that we’re going to be releasing starting in March, what they are and how they’ll work.
- We Need a New Community
- Lighthouse System: Characters Without Numbers
- Game Design: The Only Rule is Work
- Lighthouse System: Character Death
Coming Up Next
Worldbuilding Power: Dragons is out next Friday.
In next week’s newsletter we’ll post the tentative release schedule for March.
Thanks and Gratitude
Thanks to everyone who has shared the newsletter and the blog posts. We appreciate the comments. This is going to be a challenging year as we continue to learn and grown, and your support means everything. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
How You Can Help
- Share – Let other people know what we’re up to! Pass it along on social media, on your own blog, vlog, or podcast, through email, whatever works for you!
- Subscribe – On the sidebar (if you’re on a computer) or at the bottom of the page (on a tablet or phone) you can get sign up to be notified when new posts go up!
- Buy a Book – We’ve got tons of bestselling titles for tabletop roleplayers and creating writers available. If that’s your thing, tell someone who might enjoy it!
- Give Us Feedback – Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!