Here’s a quick overview of what’s coming soon from Dancing Lights Press as of June 7 2020. Release dates are TDB. As always, these things are subject to change because what even is the world these days?
- DoubleZero System Reference Document: This is 99.6% done. It will be released on the website at the end of the month. It will be a series of text documents in a zip folder.
- Building Adventures: The next book in the Building series is in the finals stages. I’ll be editing and doing some rewrites in the coming week, so this could release as soon as next Friday.
- Adventure Generator: This is a companion book to Building Adventures, allowing you to randomly roll elements that you can then develop using “Building” principles.
- Hippogryph Codex: The expanded, 96-page version of the story- and character-driven Hippogryph system. It will be released under the Open Game License.
- Settings and Sourcebooks: There will be followups to both DoubleZero and Hippogryph. Each system will have its on unique settings and sourcebooks that capitalize on both the mechanics and the tone of each game. I’ll talk more about those once the titles above have been released.
Top 10 Titles for the week ending June 7, 2020:
About Dancing Lights Press
Dancing Lights Press publishes creative aids and story games that embrace a minimalist aesthetic in design and presentation. The spotlight belongs on the creativity of the players as they converse and collaborate on plot, worldbuilding, and character development. Roleplaying is an activity, not a book. Our titles are merely part of the delivery system.