Add more excitement and bold vision to your science fiction adventures!
Science Fiction (Genre Structure Vol. 2) helps you to develop and tell tales of discovery and possibility. It is an essential sourcebook for creating fiction and tabletop adventures. Written for writers and roleplayers, with clear step-by-step instructions, you can:
- Determine which science fiction genre elements you wish to include in your story
- Work with a variety plot types to create a story that is unique and original to you
- Structure an amazing and astounding beginning, middle, and end to your tale
- Deconstruct existing stories to remix and reimagine elements for use in your own story
A sampling of short science fiction stories is provided. These stories can be deconstructed by you using the methods discussed previously in this book. Mine the stories for ideas, remixing, reimagining, and presenting the ideas in new and original ways.
- A Little Journey by Ray Bradbury
- The Moon is Green by Fritz Leiber
- A Traveler in Time by August Derleth
- The Adventurer by Cyril M. Kornbluth
- Shipwreck in the Sky by Eando Binder
- The Dope on Mars by John Michael Sharkey
- Diplomatic Immunity by Robert Sheckley
- Earthmen Bearing Gifts by Fredric Brown