Add more terror and suspense to your horror adventures!
Horror Stories (Genre Structure Vol. 1) helps you to develop and tell frightful tales of dread and darkness. It is an essential sourcebook for creating fiction and tabletop adventures. Written for writers and roleplayers, with clear step-by-step instructions, you can:
- Determine which horror genre elements you wish to include in your story
- Work with a variety plot types to create a story that is unique and original to you
- Structure a scary beginning, middle, and end to your tale
- Deconstruct existing stories to remix and reimagine elements for use in your own story
A sampling of short horror stories is provided. These stories can be deconstructed by you using the methods discussed previously in this book. Mine the stories for ideas, remixing, reimagining, and presenting the ideas in new and original ways.
- Count Magnus by M.R. James
- The Dead Smile by F. Marion Crawford
- The Horla by Guy de Maupassant
- May Day Eve by Algernon Blackwood
- Afterward by Edith Wharton