DoubleZero is a percentile based, skill-driven tabletop roleplaying system. It is designed to emulate the action thriller genre, including things like the John Wick films, the Fast and the Furious franchise, and James Bond movies. You can dig into mysteries, procedurals, and crime dramas based on your favorite television series, from Law & Order to Murder She Wrote to The Sopranos. The system also draws inspiration from the spy novels of Len Deighton, John Le Carré, and Frederick Forsythe.
That’s not all it can do! The mechanics can be used for any sort of “realistic” modern setting that doesn’t lean into magic, the supernatural, or superpowers.
- Subscribe to the newsletter to get the latest news.
- Read announcements, updates, and articles about the series.
- Explore titles in the series at DriveThruRPG.
DoubleZero System: Modern Roleplaying
- DoubleZero Core Book: DoubleZero is a percentile based, skill-driven tabletop roleplaying system. It can be used for settings that don’t lean into magic or powers.
- DoubleZero Character Sheet: A printable character sheet for all of your DoubleZero tabletop roleplaying needs.
- DoubleZero Easy Mode: Optional rules resetting the task modifiers for a more freewheeling, cinematic experience.
- DoubleZero System Reference Document: This collect of text files contains all of the material from the Core Book released under the Open Gaming License.
- Spectres of Mars: In a gloriously retro-future 2068, Earth is in a Cold War with the mysterious Strangers, energy beings from the Red Planet.
- Hardboiled Follies: A fish-out-of-water thriller inspired by every story where an ordinary person gets swept up in some sort of nefarious plot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it called DoubleZero?
The system uses percentile dice. The highest result is 00, representing 100. And, yeah, it was inspired by that classic secret agent game, but the system is so versatile that thinking of it strictly in that context is limiting. It can be used for any real-world-based setting that doesn’t have magic, the supernatural, or superpowers.