DoubleZero is a percentile based, skill-driven tabletop roleplaying system. It is designed to emulate the action thriller genre, including things like the John Wick films, the Fast and the Furious franchise, and James Bond movies. You can dig into mysteries, procedurals, and crime dramas based on your favorite television series, from Law & Order to Murder She Wrote to The Sopranos. The system also draws inspiration from the spy novels of Len Deighton, John Le Carré, and Frederick Forsythe.
That’s not all it can do! The mechanics can be used for any sort of “realistic” modern setting that doesn’t lean into magic, the supernatural, or superpowers.
DoubleZero System: Modern Roleplaying
- DoubleZero Core Book: DoubleZero is a percentile based, skill-driven tabletop roleplaying system. It can be used for settings that don’t lean into magic or powers.
- DoubleZero Character Sheet: A printable character sheet for all of your DoubleZero tabletop roleplaying needs.
- DoubleZero Easy Mode: Optional rules resetting the task modifiers for a more freewheeling, cinematic experience.
- DoubleZero System Reference Document: This collect of text files contains all of the material from the Core Book released under the Open Gaming License.
- MOLOCH: A secret occult conspiracy determined to rule the world, opposed by an underground resistance movement known as Cold Iron.
- Spectres of Mars: In a gloriously retro-future 2068, Earth is in a Cold War with the mysterious Strangers, energy beings from the Red Planet.
- Hardboiled Follies: A fish-out-of-water thriller inspired by every story where an ordinary person gets swept up in some sort of nefarious plot.