The newsletter returns! This is the weekly Dancing Lights Press Newsletter for 6 January 2019. This will be published every Sunday around 3pm EST. It will be simultaneously sent to subscribers and posted on the website. It needs a good name. Suggestions are welcome.
New This Week
Worldbuilding Power: Mountains was released on Friday. Today is the last day to get it for $1 USD, via the link. In this book, we’ll show you how to utilize the mountains in your worldbuilding endeavors. You’ll see how it can influence character, setting, and story elements. By the end, you’ll understand how to better utilize mountain realms as essential, useful, and entertaining parts of your campaign.
The Return of the Blog
In addition to bringing back the newsletter for the New Year, we’ve ramping up our blogging efforts. Designer’s Notes and Opinion posts will appear on the site Saturdays and Sundays. During the week, there may be additional posts related to upcoming products and recent releases.
If you don’t subscribe to the blog in addition to the newsletter, we’ll be posting links to the latest posts here. Here’s what you may have missed:
Bundles and Pricing
Some of you have asked when the Worldbuilding Power series will be collected into a bundle. The plan is to have three: one for creature-related titles, one for magic, and one for terrain. Once we’ve published 5 or 6 of each we’ll begin collecting them. The bundles will be 20% off, so you’re still better off buying them as they come out, at the deeper “opening weekend” discount.
Coming Up Next
These are the next three releases in the pipeline. We don’t announce date, but you can reasonably expect to see them all by early February.
- Worldbuilding Power: Illusion
- Worldbuilding Power: Aberrations
- Lighthouse System [Black Box Edition]
Thanks and Gratitude
We want to thank everyone who has supported us since we launched in 2016. The past few months have been rough as we’ve changed gears and prepared for big things in the new year. After the all-new edition of the Lighthouse System launches, you can expect to see more games, original settings, and some exciting surprised throughout 2019!
How You Can Help
- Share – Let other people know what we’re up to! Pass it along on social media, on your own blog, vlog, or podcast, through email, whatever works for you!
- Subscribe – On the sidebar (if you’re on a computer) or at the bottom of the page (on a tablet or phone) you can get sign up to be notified when new posts go up!
- Buy a Book – We’ve got tons of bestselling titles for tabletop roleplayers and creating writers available. If that’s your thing, tell someone who might enjoy it!
- Give Us Feedback – Leave a comment below and let us know what you think!