This is the weekly Dancing Lights Press Newsletter for 20 January 2019. This will be published every Sunday around 1pm EST. It will be simultaneously sent to subscribers and posted on the website.
New This Week
Worldbuilding Power: Aberrations – Half price through Sunday, January 20th! People frequently want to add Lovecraftian horrors to their fantasy games, but they’ve been there since the beginning. Thing that are beyond the day-to-day existence of a standard high fantasy setting. Creatures so strange that their aims and desires are unfathomable. Beings that are so unlike humans, elves, and dwarves that they surely must originate in some alien world. These are our aberrations. Their appearance is bizarre, their abilities frightening, and their motives utterly utterly alien. These are things that should not exist anywhere outside of a nightmare.
In this book, we’ll show you how to utilize these dreaded oddities in your worldbuilding endeavors. You’ll see how they can influence character, setting, and story elements. By the end, you’ll understand how to make aberrations into an essential, useful, and entertaining part of your campaign.
On the Blog
We’re still easing into regular blogging. Most posts are going to be behind-the-scenes peeks, designer’s notes, and thoughts and opinions about game design. After the release of the Lighthouse System, we’ll look into expanding to 3 posts a week, maybe more. Here’s what we dropped this week:
Foragers Guild Guides Sale
All of the Foragers Guild Guide titles are currently 50% off. That’s only going to last until the end of this month. If you’re interested in grabbing any of these titles cheap, now is the time to do it. Even the bundles these titles appear in will only offer a 20% discount after this pricing end.
Coming Up Next
The Lighthouse System is in final editing. We’re working around the clock to get it ready for release next week, January 25th. If we can’t get it done, because things happen, it will be released the following week, February 1st. The alternate release is going to be Worldbuilding Power: Cities.
Here’s what’s in the pipeline for the coming weeks:
- Lighthouse System [Black Box Edition] (January 25 or February 1)
- Worldbuilding Power: Cities (January 25 or February 1)
- Worldbuilding Power: Conjuration (February 8)
- Worldbuilding Power: Dragons (February 15)
- Foragers Guild Playset (February 22)
Thanks and Gratitude
Thanks to everyone who has shared the newsletter and the blog posts. We appreciate the comments. This is going to be a challenging year as we continue to learn and grown, and your support means everything. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
How You Can Help
- Share – Let other people know what we’re up to! Pass it along on social media, on your own blog, vlog, or podcast, through email, whatever works for you!
- Subscribe – On the sidebar (if you’re on a computer) or at the bottom of the page (on a tablet or phone) you can get sign up to be notified when new posts go up!
- Buy a Book – We’ve got tons of bestselling titles for tabletop roleplayers and creating writers available. If that’s your thing, tell someone who might enjoy it!
- Give Us Feedback – Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!