This is the weekly Dancing Lights Press Newsletter for 13 January 2019. This will be published every Sunday around 3pm EST. It will be simultaneously sent to subscribers and posted on the website. It still needs a good name. Suggestions are welcome.
New This Week
Worldbuilding Power: Illusion – Illusion is the tricking of the mind, and the distorting of the senses. As a category of magic, its purpose is to alter the target’s perception of reality. The definition of illusion magic has expanded over time to include spells that act as disguises, defenses, and forms of attack. Illusion allows casters to turn invisible, and to confuse their enemies. It even extends into disciplines like hypnosis, and camouflaging auras.
In this book, we’ll show you how to utilize illusion in your worldbuilding endeavors. You’ll see how it can influence character, setting, and story elements. By the end, you’ll understand how to make illusion into an essential, useful, and entertaining part of your campaign.
On the Blog
We’re easing into regular blogging. Most posts are going to be behind-the-scenes peeks, designer’s notes, and thoughts and opinions about game design. Here’s what we dropped this week:
Pricing and Discounts
Our discount structure on new releases will change when the Lighthouse System comes out. Subscribers to the newsletter and those who opt in to receive emails from us on DriveThruRPG will receive a discount link for 30% off. This link will be good through the weekend of the release.
All customers will be able to purchase the new release for 20% through release weekend. You save an extra 10% by becoming a subscriber, so it’s worthwhile. Tell your friends!
New bundles will offer collections at 20% off. The Worldbuilding Power series will eventually be collected into 3 bundles, one each for creatures, magic, and terrain. There will be bundles of Lighthouse System playsets, collected by setting. Bundles will remain the best way to get on board with a product line, and the complete holes in a collection.
Coming Up Next
Here’s what’s in the pipeline for the coming weeks:
- Worldbuilding Power: Aberrations (January 19)
- Lighthouse System [Black Box Edition] (Soon!)
- Worldbuilding Power: Cities (February)
- Worldbuilding Power: Conjuration (February)
- Untitled Foragers Guild Playset (February/March)
- Worldbuilding Power: Dragons (February)
Thanks and Gratitude
We’d like to thank everyone for sticking with as as we grow and change. 2019 is going to be the year when we really get to start publishing the games we want to publish. It’s been a long, slow process to get here, and we appreciate the support you’ve shown us so far. Thank you!
How You Can Help
- Share – Let other people know what we’re up to! Pass it along on social media, on your own blog, vlog, or podcast, through email, whatever works for you!
- Subscribe – On the sidebar (if you’re on a computer) or at the bottom of the page (on a tablet or phone) you can get sign up to be notified when new posts go up!
- Buy a Book – We’ve got tons of bestselling titles for tabletop roleplayers and creating writers available. If that’s your thing, tell someone who might enjoy it!
- Give Us Feedback – Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!