Hello, Light Brigade!
Here’s the table of contents for Building Characters. This will give you an idea about what’s included in the book, and the topics covered.
- Using This Book
- Worldbuilding and Characters
- Adventures and Characters
- Rules and Characters
- Story Points
- Character Roles
- Stages of Life
- Character Dimensions
- Life Experiences
I know many of you still have questions, so please feel free to reach out to me via the website. It’s listed on the credits page of every book we publish.
A toolkit for creating tabletop roleplaying elements for any system, setting, or genre.
Building Characters explores what goes into crafting memorable and enjoyable tabletop roleplaying character backgrounds. The book looks at how they influence, and are influenced by, the worldbuilding, adventures, and rules of a tabletop roleplaying game. By the end you’ll have an entire toolkit full of ideas to work with and apply regardless of the system, setting, or genre you’re playing in.
Building Characters is system-agnostic, meaning is was not written for one specific tabletop roleplaying game. It’s not exclusively for Dungeons & Dragons, Fate, Vampire the Masquerade, Call of Cthulhu, or any other particular game. The examples are high-level and generic, allowing you to adapt and apply them to the system of your choice. It’s recommended that you read through the entire book at least once to get a sense of the contents, the flow of things, and the context for various ideas. You can then go back to individual sections as needed for reference as you’re creating characters.
For ease of reference, this book has been broken up into three sections:
- Introduction: A brief overview of what this book is about, the concepts that will be discussed, and ways that you can put it to use for your tabletop roleplaying game.
- Character Format: The standard “stat block” for all of the books in the Building series, this descriptive block will help you help track roleplaying, worldbuilding, and adventure bits regardless of rules.
- Character Elements: What other games call attributes, statistics, or aspects, elements are the building blocks of anything and everything that can be created for a tabletop roleplaying game.
Gold Best Seller
Publisher: Dancing Lights Press
Rule System: Any system / system agnostic
Price: $5 Digital; $10 Print
Publication Date: 25 February 2020
Format: 96 pages. 6X9 (digest-sized). PDF, ePub, Kindle, softcover (print-on-demand).
#buildingseries #buildingcharacters #ttrpg
Copyright 2016-2021 Berin Kinsman. All rights reserved.