Building Adventures is an essential system-neutral toolkit for all tabletop roleplayers, gamemasters, and game designers. There is a way to create engaging stories and scenarios that don’t require the gamemaster to prep for every possibility, without railroading players into a limited number of actions. It begins with setting a compelling adventure goal, then allowing players to pursue that goal in their own way.
What you need to know:
– A new edition of Building Adventures (the Director’s Cut) is in development.
– Digital files will be pushed as an update to the current version, rather than releasing it as a separate product.
– The price for the digital version will increase from $5 to $7.50 upon release, so buying now saves you money and gets you both editions.
– A hardcover print-on-demand version is coming. ETA depends on how long it takes for Lightning Source to overcome its Covid backlog.
– Those who purchase the digital version now will be sent a discount code when the print-on-demand version is available, making the overall price the same as the inevitable print+PDF option.
Download the current edition at DriveThruRPG
Dancing Lights Press (DXP) is a tabletop roleplaying company with a lo-fi approach. Utility of content takes precedence over ostentatious production value. Graphic elements should enhance the message of the text, not act as page filler and eye candy. Physical books need to be compact, portable, and sturdy. This minimalist aesthetic results in powerful toolkits that are both useful and affordable. After all, tabletop roleplaying isn’t the book. It’s the creativity and collaboration that takes place around the tabletop. Our mission is to give you as much as you need, then get out of your way.