We hit a milestone! How to Gamemaster is now officially a best seller at DriveThruRPG! Woohoo! Thank you to everyone that’s already bought the book. If you haven’t yet, it’s only $5 for the digital version (PDF, epub, and Kindle).
Please continue to help me spread the word about this book. If you’ve enjoyed it, leave a kind review at DriveThruRPG and share your honest feedback! It really helps when people are talking about how much they’ve enjoyed one of our titles.
I know many of you still have questions, so please feel free to reach out to me via the contact form.
Dancing Lights Press
How to Gamemaster
My first experience with tabletop a roleplaying games was as the gamemaster. It was 1979, and my friends and I had pooled our money to buy the Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set. None of us had ever played before. There was no one else to run for us, or teach us how things were supposed to work. I read the rules and made up some characters, but I had no idea what I was supposed to do. After picking some monsters that looked cool to fight, and drawing a rudimentary map, I made it up as I went along. It was a lot of fun, but it took a while before I felt like I knew what I was doing.
If I’d had a book to show me what to do, I wouldn’t have spent so much time figuring things out on my own. I could have been sharpening other skills, rather than sorting out what the fundamentals were. That’s why I wrote How to Gamemaster. It’s my attempt to create the how-to manual I wish I’d had over 40 years ago.
How to Gamemaster includes the following chapters:
- An overview of the gamemaster’s role, with an explanation of the many jobs you will take on.
- What materials, both required and optional, you’ll need in order to run a game.
- A guide to identifying different types of players and what they’re looking to get from a game.
- How to prepare for adventures, game sessions, and campaigns.
- What Session Zero is, why it’s important, and how to successful run one for your group.
- Advice on how to run a game session from start to finish, based on decades of experience.
- How to let yourself be human, dealing with inevitable mistakes, and managing player issues.
- Tips on teaching new players about roleplaying, the setting, and the mechanics of the game.
- A glossary of commonly used tabletop roleplaying terms.
Publisher: Dancing Lights Press
Copper Best Seller
Rule System: Any system / system agnostic
Price: $5 Digital
Publication Date: 4 March 2021
Format: 96 pages. A5 format (bullet journal size). PDF, ePub, Kindle.
Available Now at DriveThruRPG
#HowToGamemaster #GMsDay #MarchForth
Copyright 2021 Berin Kinsman. All rights reserved.