3 June 2021: Here are the upcoming releases from Dancing Lights Press. The following titles are complete and scheduled for release. Specific dates and product names are subject to change because the world is a messy and unpredictable place.
- 3 June: Demonology & Witchcraft (Witchcraft Reference Series, system-agnostic)
- 10 June: Medieval Society (Medieval Reference Series, system-agnostic)
- 17 June: Notorious Pirates (Pirate Reference Series, system-agnostic)
In the Pipeline
The follow projects are being actively worked on, and are close enough to completion that I feel comfortable putting tentative release targets on them. The large variable is how smoothly the move to new studio space goes.
- Campaign Journaling: A revised and greatly expanded edition of Bullet Journaling for Gamemasters. Still system-agnostic, but not wholly dependent on the bullet journal method, with tons of ideas and examples for using a journal to track campaigns, worldbuilding, game sessions, and group information.
- Character Journaling: This is essentially Bullet Journaling for Players, with ideas on using a journal in addition to, or even instead of, a traditional character sheet. I am aiming for an early July release.
- DoubleZero Releases: There will be an announcement soon about upcoming releases for the DoubleZero System. I’m waiting until after we’re settled into the new studio space, so I can provide a more accurate timeline.
- Hippogryph Releases: There will be an announcement soon about upcoming releases for the Hippogryph System. As with DoubleZero, I’m waiting until we’re settled into the new studio space, so I can provide a more accurate timeline.
- Medieval Saints (Medieval Reference Series, system-agnostic)
- Murder & Mutiny (Pirate Reference Series, system-agnostic)
- Medieval Origins (Medieval Reference Series, system-agnostic)
- Early Middle Ages (Medieval Reference Series, system-agnostic)
- Discovery of Witches (Witchcraft Reference Series, system-agnostic)
- A History of Witchcraft (Witchcraft Reference Series, system-agnostic)
- A Pirate’s Who’s Who (Pirate Reference Series, system-agnostic)
Ideas and Intentions
These are things that I want to do, but won’t have the time to even think about in more detail until after the move. I will likely talk about them more in the upcoming newsletter.
- Hardcovers for all major / bestselling titles
- Merch (t-shirts at the very least)
- Revisions to all Building Series titles (not a 3rd edition, just errata)
- Settings for both DoubleZero and Hippogryph
- Pastel, a roleplaying system with no combat mechanics
DriveThruRPG will be increasing print-on-demand costs as of 1 July 2021. This increase will not affect any current Dancing Lights Press print offerings. As of this writing, it does not look as if it will affect the price points of titles we will be offering as print-on-demand in the future, either.
We are in the process of moving. Until we are settled into our new studio, we will not be ordering any proofs from the printer for review. With the delays in both printing and mail delivery, I don’t want to risk packages arriving at the old address after we’ve moved out, or being stolen or returned from the new address because no one’s there yet.
The weekly newsletter relaunches in July. This is completely separate from the one you may be receiving through DriveThruRPG, and will feature news and updates that we can’t provide through that venue. You can learn more information and subscribe now on our Newsletter page.