Here are this week’s Hottest titles and bundles for the week ending 16 May 2021. Visit the Dancing Lights Press page at DriveThruRPG to see our full catalog of tabletop roleplaying products, including the latest releases and bundle deals!
- .Early Middle Ages Volume 1
- A History of Witchcraft, Volume 1
- Medieval Origins Volume 1
- Medieval Origins Volume 2
- 3Medieval Origins Volume 3
- A History of Witchcraft, Volume 4
- Early Middle Ages Volume 2
- A History of Witchcraft, Volume 2
- A History of Witchcraft, Volume 3
- The Pirates’ Who’s Who Volume 1
Early Middle Ages is a system-agnostic sourcebook in two volumes, for any historical or fantasy game. It presents a real-world account of Europe from the dawn of the 9th century through the 11th century. Based on the academic work of Henry Osborn Taylor, it focuses on the effect of Christianity on scholarship and culture, for better or worse, with both a sympathetic eye toward the people of the time, and a critical judgment that can only be gained in retrospect.
The result is a look at the period that goes beyond the lineages of kings and chronicles of various wars. This volume is filled with information that can be mined for worldbuilding details usable in your own settings. There are colorful characters that can be adapted as villains and non-player characters. Story hooks abound, either as background details for your game world, or as adventure seeds for player characters to pursue.
In presenting the Medieval Reference series, my goal is to get people to look beyond official gaming material for inspiration. There is a wealth of ideas to be found in history, biographies, and older fiction from before the tabletop roleplaying game era that is waiting to be tapped. My hope is that this book with fire up your imagination, and help you to discover new possibilities.
Here are the upcoming releases from Dancing Lights Press. The following titles are complete and scheduled for release. Specific dates and product names are subject to change because the world is a messy and unpredictable place.
- 20 May: Murder & Mutiny (Pirate Reference Series, system-agnostic)
- 27 May: Medieval Saints (Medieval Reference Series, system-agnostic)
- 3 June: Demonology & Witchcraft (Witchcraft Reference Series, system-agnostic)
- 10 June: Medieval Society (Medieval Reference Series, system-agnostic)
- 17 June: Notorious Pirates (Pirate Reference Series, system-agnostic)
The Week’s Hottest: 16 May 2021
Dancing Lights Press is a lo-fi publishing studio founded and operated by Berin Kinsman. One of the earliest RPG bloggers, Berin has been playing tabletop roleplaying games since 1979 and writing for the industry since 1992. Since founding the company in 2016, he has published over 100 bestselling titles. You can find Dancing Lights Press online at DancingLightsPress.com, and on Twitter as @LightsPress.