Characters! Worldbuilding! Adventures! The Building Series is a line of bestselling creative aids for tabletop roleplayers. Each volume focuses on one aspect of roleplaying, like character development, worldbuilding, or adventure design. The books are system-agnostic, meaning they were not written for one specific set of mechanics, genre, or setting. The examples provided are high-level and generic, allowing you to adapt and apply them to the roleplaying system of your choice.
Building Series Titles
- Building Characters – A toolkit for developing detailed player characters.
- Building Worlds – A toolkit for worldbuilding and setting design.
- Build Adventures – A toolkit for developing adventures in any genre or setting.
- Adventure Generator 1 – A toolkit for creating 10 types of fantasy adventures.
- Adventure Generator 2 – A toolkit for creating 10 more types of fantasy adventures.
- Building Monsters – A toolkit for creating creatures and villains.
- Building Theme – A toolkit for adding meaning and purpose.
Read More About the Building Series
- Building Series and the Black Box Movement – soon!
- Browse all articles about the Building Series
About Dancing Lights Press
Dancing Lights Press is a lo-fi publisher of tabletop roleplaying systems and system-agnostic creative aids, including the best selling Building series, the DoubleZero action thriller system, and Hippogryph, a fantasy story game system with traditional roots. Our products embrace a minimalist aesthetic in design and presentation because roleplaying is an activity, not a collection of expensive rulebooks.
- We currently have over 150 bestselling titles at DriveThruRPG!
- Major product lines are available as bundles for 20% off!
- Our most popular titles are system agnostic and work with any system or setting!